Kit’s Packing Guide: Five Things to Bring When Touring with a Rock Band
1) Deodorant. Not for you—for them. Guys are gross, and after a few weeks on tour, they forget that everyone on the bus with them still needs to breathe.
2) Ear plugs. This one is important, especially if your bass guitarist just so happens to snore like a grizzly bear with two smaller grizzlies shoved up its nose.
3) Sweets. Trust me, you’re going to need the sugar. Just make sure to hide them where none of your bandmates will find them—like in a tampon box or in a makeup kit.
4) A change of clothes for every type of weather. It might be kind of chilly in Virginia, but it is not going to be kind of chilly in Florida. I learned this one the hard way a couple years ago.
5) Um… Protection. Your lead guitarist might be ridiculously hot… Just saying.
About the Book
From the moment she saw Shawn Scarlett perform at a school talent show, Kit Larson has loved two things: the guitar, and the gorgeous, green-eyed boy who inspired her to play. But one careless night in high school shatters her hope of ever being more than a notch on his bedpost.
Six years, two bands, and one mostly-mended heart later, Kit’s about to make her rock star dreams a reality as the new guitarist for Shawn’s band, The Last Ones to Know. He may not remember their reckless night together, but Kit has never forgotten… and she’s determined to make him eat his heart out.
The release of their new album means a month cooped up on a tour bus, sleeping inches away from the ridiculously sexy musician she’s never quite gotten over. And as Kit gets to know the real Shawn—not Shawn Scarlett, the rock god, the player—their attraction becomes too hot to resist. But the past is paved with secrets, and when they finally surface, Kit could lose everything: the band, the music, her dreams… and Shawn.
About The Author
Born and raised in South Central Pennsylvania, Jamie Shaw earned her M.S. in Professional Writing before realizing that the creative side of writing was her calling. An incurable night-owl, she spends late hours crafting novels with relatable heroines and swoon-worthy leading men. She’s a loyal drinker of white mochas, a fierce defender of emo music, and a passionate enthusiast of all things romance. She loves interacting with readers and always aims to add new names to their book boyfriend lists.