Romance writers! Have you seen this? Write your best “meet cute” scene and enter it! Not only are we giving away $1,300 in cash prizes, but we’ll have a free online workshop for all entrants with our judge, USA Today bestselling romance author, Jamie K. Schmidt.
$1,300 Cash Prizes
1st prize = $650
2nd prize = $350
3rd prize = $100
4th prize = $100
5th prize = $100
Free Online Workshop
All entrants are invited to a free instructional online workshop with our esteemed judge.
Our judge* is a bestselling romance writer who will critique each winning entry to get it closer to submission-ready!
Here’s what you need to know…
- Entries can be no longer than 1,000 words.
- Entries must follow manuscript submission guidelines as stated on our Contest Rules page HERE.
- Entries deemed pornographic or gratuitously violent will be disqualified.
- Entries must be submitted via our online form by midnight Pacific Time on July 31, 2017.
- There is a $19 reading fee per manuscript to enter the contest.
- You may enter more than one manuscript but each entry requires a $19 reading fee.
- Every writer who enters will be invited to the online workshop for free where the winning entries are critiqued. (Non-entrants pay $7.)
Submissions will be judged on clarity, originality, potential in the market, interaction between the characters, and your ability to match standard manuscript format (double spacing, clear contact information, no creative use of fonts).
The winning entries in this Meet Cute contest will be announced at a live online workshop within 60 days after the contest closes. All contest entrants will be invited free of charge. (Non-entrants may attend for a nominal fee of $7.)
This is a great opportunity to build your writing and submitting skills!